I am currently trying to write an idea for my 10 minute third year film at IFSW (International Film School Wales).
The basic idea at the moment is to write a romance with elements of comedy rather than a romantic comedy itself. The reason for this is that comedy is so hard to write, that myself and everyone else in the group will be spending way too much time trying to come up with funny situations. Instead I would much rather be trying to structure a strong storyline and get that across to an audience.
The main theme if you like for the film is 'Write for yourself and not for others'. That on its own sounds a bit harsh, but it's about the fact that when you create art in whatever shape or form, it's better to create it for yourself and be proud of what you've done. If you try and create something for other people, they will be satisfied yes, but will you be? I personally think that it matters if you are happy with what you do. I haven't always been especially when it comes to music.

No comments:
Post a Comment